Sunday, August 31, 2014

Remarks of the Found


This past summer I found purpose, refuge and spiritual growth in Finding Jesus in Literature. My initial plans and expectations for the blog were very little. I did not expect many people to read my thoughts on books or faith, but in the midst of this journey the Lord exceeded my expectations 
(like He always does).
I would have never expected that Finding Jesus in Literature would reach places like Russia, Poland and Laos.

The Internet’s crazy y’all!!!

I pray that the blog made a significant impact on you as it did for me. I hope the characters and storylines were relatable to you and their fictional situations caused you to look at your life a bit differently. These seemingly secular characters actually exposed the REAL Jesus in my eyes. Each character showed a different side of our magnificent and omnipresent God.

Finding Jesus in Literature grew to become way more personal than I predicted, but I’ve learned that in order to get to the heart of who Jesus is- you yourself have to reveal your heart as well.

We as a generation have the ability to expose Jesus in all genres. In my mind Jesus’ presence is unquestionably, without a doubt alive in the (what we call) secular world.

I pray something will stir in our hearts and causes us to acknowledge His presence that knows no boundaries.

I pray it’s something that ignites within us.
& encourages us.
Perhaps all we need is a little gumption!


No comments:

Post a Comment