Monday, May 12, 2014

Please state your sole intention

I am not an avid reader, in fact I despise reading! I've always viewed reading as a punishment given by teachers and professors, I always thought it was given to the youth in order to stop them from actually living their lives. However, this summer God has changed the desire of my heart and I am going to completely step out of my "I'll just wait for the movie" comfort zone.

This summer I am going to read popular novels that are not Christian based what so ever and try to find the presence of Jesus in the pages hence "Finding Jesus in literature". In the mean time I will also be reading a Christian book in the mist of the others and if my prayers are answered the themes and messages will somehow align. 

This all started when my friend Cameron lent me the book The Fault in our Stars by John Green. I recently got a job where there would be a lot of down town and needed something to do and I had told her that I was excited for the movie. I had no interest in actually reading the book, because I NEVER DO.

All of my friends actually read books and know the hidden meanings behind EVERYTHING when the movies come out. While I on the other hand just assume certain things and end up finding the hidden secrets from them anyway.

ANYWHO, she gave me the book and I ended up reading the entire book in ONE DAY. Now this may not seem like a big deal to people who read all the time, but for this DYSLEXIC senorita over here it was a big deal!

SO here it goes... I am going to find JESUS in novels that no one would expect 
I pray through this experience that my faith grows and my mind expands on all that the Lord has put in front of me.

 When you think about it, everything on this earth can be related back to Jesus, because hey... he did create it!

No comments:

Post a Comment